Thursday, January 7, 2010

Week 1, Day 4

Today's Excuse to Why I Shouldn't Workout - It's snowing outside and the roads are bad, so I probably should come straight home after work instead of going to the gym.

Even as those words were coming out of my mouth this morning to Adam, I chuckled to myself. I definitely hear some of my mother in that comment (no offense, Mom). I definitely know that if somebody was giving away free food on the other side of the city, come rain or shine or 8 inches of snow, I'd find some way to make it there. But to the other side of the river to the gym? That just doesn't sound safe :) This is just the kind of example of the types of excuses that I have told myself for years! "I can't go to the gym because I'd get sweaty and then I'd have to shower and I don't feel like showering twice in one day because it'll dry out my hair. But I have to be showered, because I have plnas with friends for dinner. I just won't go to the gym then." Don't judge...I can't be the only one that does that! Back to the rules - No Excuses. If those ridiculous explanations aren't the world's worst excuses, I don't know what is. I'll have to forget those! (or get better at making up good ones! Haha)

Workout #4 complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment