Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Week 1, Day 3

Swimming......is......hard......

There is a reason Michael Phelps has the back and shoulders of the hood of a small SUV! Today was my first swimming workout. Even before the workout, I asked Adam to buy me a workout worthy swimsuit...my drawers are full of ones that are beach worthy, but might not hold up to me flailing around in the pool for exercise purposes. Ok, so thanks to my wonderful hubby, I now have a swimsuit...CHECK. Goggles...CHECK.

Adam says the idea of this workout is to keep moving in the pool during the laps. Speed is not the goal, the point is to get used to the water, work on form and keep your heart rate up...and my own personal goal - trying not to drown or lose consciousness because I'm so out of breath after only 1 lap. :)

I had this idea in my head that I would be a great swimmer and it would be a piece of cake....oh dear heavens almighty, was I wrong! Workout complete. I will definitely have to work on that one.

3 days down....15 1/2 weeks to go....

No comments:

Post a Comment