Saturday, January 30, 2010
Weighing myself Monday - I hope whatever happens or whatever the numbers are, I realize that I've alraedy made progress with working out and eating better and being overall healthier....we'll see....
Thursday, January 28, 2010
I am a fairly regular donor because I definitely see the importance of it. You can donate every 56 days, and I stick pretty close to that when I can. Here are just a few facts taken from the Red Cross website on why you should too!
- Every two seconds someone in the US needs blood - in 2006, 5 million patients received blood in the US alone
- More than 1 million new people are diagnosed with cancer every year. Many of them will need blood, sometimes daily, during their chemotherapy treatment
- A single car accident victim can require as many as 100 pints of blood
- Two most common reasons cited by people who don't give blood are: "Never thought about it" and "I don't like needles"
- One donation can help save the lives of up to three people
- Share of the US population eligible to give blood: Less than 38 percent
For more interesting statistics: http://www.redcrossblood.org/learn-about-blood/blood-facts-and-statistics
Of course it's not necessarily an 'enjoyable' process (I don't like needles either!), but when you think of what you are doing or the fact that millions of people require blood each year, it should help motivate you (And usually they give out free food or snacks wherever you donate!). If less than 38 percent of the population is eligible, what fraction of that actually donates?
Go DONATE! Workouts can wait until tomorrow!
Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Swam almost a mile today. It's getting a lot easier. I tried to focus on breathing on both sides and I am getting to the point where I don't need to breath every stroke either. I, once again, tried to do the flip thing....oh dear. I need to google how to learn that because my method is obviously not working. HA!
Weigh-in and measurements are coming in only 4 days! I'm nervous and hoping this work is paying off!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Monday, January 25, 2010
I've never been a huge believer (or user) of 'positive thinking' or affirmations but I will give it a try - Adam is always trying to convince me of the positive effect it can have on attitude and achievements!
Also, I pretty much know what has NOT worked in the past with Weight Watchers so I want to make sure I address them this time around. Here are also some of my wonderful 'excuses' that have not helped me to be successful in the past:
1) If 1 serving is 4 points, that does NOT mean that 2 servings minus one bite is still only 4 points - seriously?? this is the kind of "reasoning" I use
2) If I eat out at a restaurant - I do NOT have to eat french fries with my meal - a meal can be just as complete with a salad or
3) If a food item does not have nutritional information on it, it does not mean there are no points
4) If no on actually sees you eat the food, it doesn't count - no one will know, hehe
5) If you eat the food standing up, the standing up part counts as exercise points so it cancels out whatever food you are eating - I usually use this one as a joke....unless......
OK, OK, so most of those I'm just kidding....sorta....HA!
I could go on for days at some of the ridiculous things that come up in my head - excuses that I make and I just hurt myself when I'm trying to meet my goals. Hopefully this time around I have the right 'formula' to make it work. Thanks for everyone that has been supporting me so far! - specifically Adam and Jimmy.....they help to keep me 'in line'.