Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Week 4, Day 17

Adam and I are officially registered for the triathlon! I was watching the registration list and it was about a third full so I wanted to make sure we got our spot! I figured that it wasn't the end of the world to get the "most accurate" swim time when people were leaving it blank....and one woman, literally put "slow" as her swim time!! HA! That makes me feel more comfortable thinking that there are plenty of other beginners doing this race. I entered 9:30 minutes for mine! Also, I decided to do the Athena division - for females 150lbs+. I figured it would be those that are a little heavier and a little slower - perfect for me! My goal is to finish the almost 17 mile race!!! Eeek! That's a scary number....


As far as training goes, this week, my body doesn't like me as much because of last week. My muscles aren't necessarily sore still, but other things are - my shin splints are almost unbearable and my knees are tired. There is definitely a reason that this is considered a recovery week ad we will gradually increase again.
89 days till the race!!

No comments:

Post a Comment