Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Week 3, Day 13

As I mentioned previously, to register for the triathlon - we need to submit a swim time. The slots were filling up so I decided today was the day to give it a try. My goal was under 10 minutes to swim 400 m. That's terribly slow but for a beginner, I'd imagine it's fairly normal. 9 minutes 35 seconds! I will still work to improve on that time, but that's what I can submit now. I'd love to be able to do it in 8 minutes, but we'll see how the next few months goes.

During the workout we continued to swim 2100m (1.3 miles)! Because we are overachievers, we also went to do the optional bike after the swim - our first transition workout from swim to bike. After over a mile of swimming, I couldn't get more than 20 minutes of biking - I was worn out.

We went home, sore......

No comments:

Post a Comment