Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 2, Day 7 (Day = Workout)

I was excited all day to get off work, especially since I knew today was a swim day! I feel extra good after we are done swimming - my heart rate is up for almost the whole workout and nothing hurts afterwards!

I know I said I wouldn't look...but I couldn't resist. I was drying my hair after the pool and the scale was just looking at me, just asking me to jump on it......so....I did - 178.2 lbs! That's a loss of 2.9 lbs in one week! That definitely helps with motivation. And I didn't do it by starving myself either, which is also promising. I tried to make good decisions on what food I ate and tried to eat less, but I would not say at all that I deprived myself. When I went to Weight Watchers meetings, one of my favorite phrase that I took away was "Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels." Although the person who came up with that obviously had not tried the chili-cheese fries I ate Saturday night while I was drinking, it does make sense. Even the thought of losing 20 lbs makes me so excited. To be able to fit in half of the things that are in my closet again would feel amazing!

102 days until the triathlon!!

Oh yeah....so last week I said we'd sign up right away to race...however, to sign up you need to know your 400 m swim time. Since I've just started, I want to wait at least a few weeks before I submit a time. I know there is still plenty of room for improvement!

No comments:

Post a Comment